Sunday, April 26, 2009

My Self Actualization Journey - An Introduction

From today I'm embarking on a journey. During the course of this journey I will learn some Philosophy, some Freemasonry and some Christian Apologetics.

Why am I doing this?
I'm doing this as part of my self actualization efforts.

What is "self actualization"?
In 1943 Maslow (the father of humanistic psychology) conceptualized a "hierarchy of needs" which became a theory in psychology, proposed in his 1943 paper A Theory of Human Motivation.

How will this journey, during which I'll be learning about philosophy, freemasonry and christian apologetics help me in my self actualization efforts?
Learning new things, always broadens ones horizons. By reading and learning new things I'm hoping I'll gain some insight into areas that I want to dive deeper into. I'm hoping that reading other people' thoughts will encourage me to think. Something I feel I've not done the way I used to do in the past.
When I was around 16 years old I used to think that the people around me who were older were actually on a downward spiral as far as their intellect was concerned. I now fear the same is happening to me hence my efforts to make myself "think" again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.
Your comment will be moderated and if found suitable published as soon as I read it. :)